Hair Loss: See a Doctor First
Hair loss can be due to heredity, physiologic or pathologic hormonal changes, scalp or general diseases, medication, physical or emotional trauma or simply by inadequate hair care like aggressive perming, rebounding, ironing and tight hair styling.
Most of people who experience hair loss will seek the solution in beauty salons or on the shelves of hypermarket or pharmacy in research of some miraculous shampooing, hair mask or lotion, it is rarely a raison for a doctor consultation, nowadays people want to do PRP (platelets rich plasma ) and mesotherapy or take a variety of hair supplement by their own.
Consulting a doctor first is the best way to deal with hair loss problem to avoid wasting time and money on ineffective and sometimes harmful products , many of hair loss causes are curable like vitamins, iron deficiencies and scalp infection ,
After a throughout consultation and basic blood test , Doctor will prescribe you the treatment and design the best prp/ mesotherapy protocol for you if needed.
Please follow these few advices to avoid more harm to your priceless crown!
- Brush you hair properly and regularly with a wide toothed comb
- Avoid excessive hairstyles that pull your hair tight
- Avoid hot oil hair treatments
- Avoid unnecessary medications and supplements that could cause hair loss.
- Avoid hair straightening procedures like keratin rebounding, hair botox, or hair protein
- Avoid harsh treatments such as hot rollers, curling irons
- Avoid unbalanced died and seek specialist advice if you want to loose weight
- Introduce in your diet more fruits vegetables and nuts , you will shortly notice the difference.
Dr. Nadjia Guergour, General Practitioner / esthetic Doctor
Member of American Academy of Aesthetic and Anti- aging medicine