At Queens Medical Center, we give tooth extraction for any aged individuals. With advanced dental care procedure, painless tooth removal is done by our team of dentists. Our team of dental care providers will try their best to keep the teeth and move for extraction if left with that option to protect the health of your remaining teeth.
Tooth extraction surgery is a procedure usually performed by dentists and oral surgeons. Upon providing local or general anesthesia as per the requirement, the dentist will tear off the gum and bone tissue covering the tooth. Then they carefully take out the teeth with the help of forceps and windup the surgical extraction with required dressings. The blood clot that develops usually after the surgical teeth removal may get stopped in a while or else, the dentist will advise on the further procedures to be followed to stop bleeding. Within a course of antibiotics or sometimes without, the gum gets healed naturally.
Tooth Extraction is required with:
Any injury to the teeth and its associated periodontal ligament, gums, alveolar bone as well as the nearby soft tissues including the lips and tongue may attract a tooth extraction procedure.
Irreparable tooth disease
Any sort of excessive damage caused to the tooth through tooth decay or any periodontal disease that can lead to death. No Dentist will recommend for tooth extraction if there is any less possibility to sustain the teeth as healthy.
All sorts of inconsistencies between tooth size and jaw size can be resolved best with the extraction of unnecessary teeth. Misalignment of the row due to large teeth, small jaws, or both also can be treated and fixed well with a tooth extraction.
Teeth Extraction Procedures
Permanent teeth are granted forever. Any damage or infection leading the teeth to a stage of non-functional status remains only an extraction procedure to help with adjacent teeth. If extraction is not done for a particular tooth with no chance of survival, nearby teeth also may get affected and even lead to a loss. We adopt very careful procedures in all kinds of tooth extraction.
To make the area, numb, our dentist gives local anesthesia before the procedure and confirms the degree of numbness to go for teeth removal. In the case of more than one teeth removal, we provide general anesthetic. Throughout the teeth extraction procedures, we closely monitor for any unexpected scenes. Before moving to the procedure, we also check on with any kind of health situation, where tooth extraction may cause health issues.
Do’s and Don’ts with During and After Tooth Extraction
• Only eat tender things on the day of the surgery – fluids, milk, ice cream, puddings, etc. The following day, you may begin eating other foods only if you have the appetite. We advise that you pay attention to what your body says in this case and not force yourself to eat foods you’re not strong enough to chew.
• Try to minimize or avoid doing any tedious activities for at least two hours after the surgery. Don’t suck or spit, as this will cause the formation of a blood clot.
• It is normal for your saliva to be tinged with blood for several hours after the surgery. Following the instructions above will help you control the bleeding and swelling.
• If by the second day after extraction the swelling persists it’s likely that you have an infection and should contact the dentist.
• Try to keep your head raised, it’ll stop the build-up of fluids in the head area.
• Ensure that the surgery area is kept clean. Get rid of food particles for the place to heal properly
• You will experience some pain and have difficulty opening your mouth wide. This is normal and will all be over in a couple of days. If you are still experiencing any of these issues after a few days, it could be a sign of an infection and you will need to see your dentist.
Tooth Extraction is not recommended
• During pregnancy
• For the teeth in an infected area that has not been properly treated
• Under stabilization of the fractured bone, teeth trauma
• For hemophiliac patients
• Patients on long-term corticosteroids, immunosuppressant, or cancer chemotherapeutic agents (They can get surgical extraction on emergency cases, but require extreme care and caution during teeth extraction)
• Osteoradionecrosis occurs in the site exposed to radiation if extraction is performed on that irradiated area.
• The distance of the extraction to a malignancy could increase the chances of dissemination of the malignancy.
• Therapy results being received by patients in brittle uncontrolled diabetes, end-stage renal and liver disease, uncontrolled leukemia, lymphoma.
• Cardiac dysrhythmias, hypertension, and cerebrovascular accidents.
Get the Best Dentist for Tooth extraction Dubai
For all kinds of tooth removal including wisdom teeth extraction is done at Queens with an expert team of dentists. Most of the patients get reluctant to approach a Dentist for wisdom teeth removal out of the fear or lack of knowledge. We counsel and provide all the guidelines for the patients to understand the requirement of wisdom teeth removal and carefully diagnose and take them to the exceptional service of tooth removal Dubai.